Pour Over Brewing Method
Normally we tell everyone to drink their coffee however they like, but here are some tips on how we like to brew our coffee to extract the best flavor from our blends.
Pour Over/Chemex for our Medium and Dark Roasts.
- Use a medium grind.
1:12 using a medium grind and 336 grams of water.
- Slowly begin to boil your water.
- Measure the total amount of coffee bean you intend to use.
- Grind your beans to the appropriate grind setting.
- Place a filter into your pour over vessel.
- When your water is heated, pour this over the filter to wet it out before using it.
- Pour out the water from inside your pour over vessel.
- Add your coffee grounds inside the filter and place the vessel onto a readied digital scale.
- Using a digital timer, begin your initial coffee bloom based on the appropriate coffee ratio.
- The remaining water is added based on what your scale measurement says
- The coffee inside the upper vessel is allowed to seep down into the lower section.
- The filter and grounds are removed and the finished coffee is served immediately.